Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tera to go free to play in February

I was expecting this move. I even bet on January, guess I was wrong by one month. Tera will be the next title following the free to play path, much like what happened before to Star Wars The Old Republic or The Secret World, although this last one followed a much more similar path to Guild Wars 2, going buy to play.


Haven't seen much details, but I know there will be at least levels for players: Founder, Elite and Standard. While Standard is the basic for everyone, the other two I would assume that Founder is for those that bought a copy of the game and redeem it and Elite is for the players with active subscription. Don't know what the perks are for a founder player, could be something similar to SWTOR and the preferred players status.


My guess will be that by the end of this year, or else I'm totally wrong, but only World of Warcraft will be the last triple A mmorpg, available at the market that will be only pay to play. I am betting Rift will have some changes, by the summer. I'm just guessing. (Wouldn't it be nice to have vanilla Rift completely free to play? Hmm, thinking on that Trion? Heck even Blizzard should do that.)

In any case, I'll be watching this transition to free to play. Let's see what they cook up.

No comments: